Friday, July 15, 2005

A name for my blog?

I was surfing through a few friends' blogs and realised that most of them have creative and meaningful names...and I was like, "My blog is called 'Hui Nee's blog'???" How creative is that?! Immediately my mind is flooded with different names, the first one being 'A Sea of Cucumbers'...hahahaha. Don't ask me why I have this fixation with seas and cucumbers. :P

Another thought that came to my mind after my sudden naming enthusiasm was this: Have I become less creative as I grow up? *stares at ceiling* I don't know. I've always been proud of my creativity. When I was young, I used to think up all sorts of games when I played with my younger brother. I had (and hoping that I still have) a very active imagination, and I really, really, really, don't want to lose that. But as time goes by and I face more realities of life, I feel that I don't have the luxury of day-dreaming anymore and perhaps have let my creative mind go lazy. I know this is a lame excuse...tonnes of people out there get creative in different areas, but for me, my passion had been drawing and writing, but I can hardly recall the last time I sat down and wrote something. My last drawing--a watercolor painting of a basket of peaches--is now carelessly chucked in some corner in my bedroom.

I feel sad, sad that I've let my (ahem) talents to waste, sad that I have not let it grow, sad that I seem to have lost the passion in what were my favortie hobbies. When I used to write, whenever I turned on the computer (yes, there was a time when I didn't think that computers are useless without having internet connection) to start writing, I would get this tingling feeling of excitement in my whole body and I'd feel energized. I haven't experienced that for years now.

Perhaps I'm thinking too much. All this because of A Sea of Cucumbers? *lol* Man, I really like the sound of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home