Saturday, April 28, 2007

Stepping into the real world

Recently Wei Wei wrote a post on her blog about feeling nervous at the thought of stepping into the working world. I guess I can totally echo that thought. After so many years of student life, all of a sudden (well, ok, not that sudden) we're actually going to do something in the real world! Work! Earn money! Be productive! I stress out just at the thought of it. Am I going to be able to cope with the demands on my future job? Can I fit in with the rest of the team? Will my colleagues think I'm stupid? Will my manager dislike me? Will I get my H1B visa? All these questions rage in my mind everyday, together with other questions like "am I going to graduate in time?", "how am I going to finish my thesis??"... It's enough to drive anyone up the wall.

But deep down, I think we'll be fine. Despite all these worries and uncertainties, I think we'll cope, in the end. We didn't go through twenty four years of life to break down like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger 薇薇 said...

eh?u've changed the background into black!hahaha!

actually i want design on my background but i dunno how....u know la,i'm pc bai chi one....help me?

^^

i think we'll all be fine anyway!lets work hard together!

11:35 AM  
Blogger huinee said...

Hehe...yeah I figured that the previous one didn't really match the rest of my website! :P I'm not good at web design also...but when I have time will help you look at some easier ways (instead of raw coding) to custom design background for the blog. :D

Yeah! Let's work hard together! Hopefully next time we can go to each other's places for vacation! :P Hehe!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home