Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chinese New Year 2006

Let me start off with a hearty "Gong Xi Fa Cai"!!! :) Yes, I know I'm over here in the US, in a small city called Lincoln right slap in the middle of the states, but it's Chinese New Year all the same, just minus the cookies, relatives, and ang pows. But despite the festivity, there's something that bugs me... some of my friends had asked me "Why don't want to come back for CNY?".

Ahem.

Hello??? It's the middle of the semester, and despite having quite a large Chinese population here, CNY is nothing to the Americans, hence, it's just another Sunday, so no holiday, period. The closest they would come to celebrating this Sunday would be because it's 2 days from payday. I wish I can go home and celebrate CNY with my family and friends back home, but it's not like I can take the bus for 8 hours and arrive in Penang.

So let me say it for the last time...I want to go home for Chinese New Year, but I can't. Please don't ask me that question again!

Oh, and happy Chinese New Year. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you are not able to be back to pg.i miss you over here too!i went to visit your mama with my brother yesterday.your mom told me you're coming back on july!i'm very glad to hear that!!!
wish to see you~
wei wei

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home