Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Back to school in August!

I just realised that I didn't mention anything about one of the greatest things that happened to me this month!!! I must've been too occupied with being lazy that it slipped my mind! :P ANYWAY...I was offered a research assistantship by Dr. Sebastian Elbaum (http://cse.unl.edu/~elbaum) a couple of weeks ago!! I've always hoped to work with him but he's always been this faraway, high-up "dream" that I never really dared to approach him. But thank goodness for that "Prospective Grad student recruitment day" thingie that the department held a few weeks ago...we had to fill up a form and specify who we prefer to work with, and I seized the chance to write down Dr. Elbaum's name as my first choice. Then after that day I finally had the courage to email him and told him that I would like to meet him to hear more about his research. Imagine my surprise and delight when he told me during our meeting that he'd actually decided a few days ago to hire me!!! I was SO RELIEVED! I've been worrying and worrying about grad school since before I graduated last December, and now I finally have an answer! :D Then last week I received an official letter from the department...and to my utmost surprise, found out that I was also awarded a fellowship...I really felt that that was the happiest day of my life...haha... :)

So anyway...that's like the most exciting news I've got...now I've just got to remember to blog more often so as to not defeat the whole purpose of having a blog in the first place and I should really hit the sack now seeing that I'm starting to blab non-stop... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home